Eager to know Where are iPhones manufactured or made or assembled. Check it out here!
Apple iPhone is still the best smartphone based on the customer experience. It’s a known fact that a new Apple device is launched once a year and it still dominates other phones. It has quickly become not only a household brand but a desire for anyone to own an iPhone. With such demand, it has become the world’s first-ever trillion-dollar company. Those who once got used to the iPhone always prefer to upgrade to the iPhone only and not move to Android. Many users who shift to iPhone have asked many questions like where are iPhone made or where are iPhones manufactured?
Let me answer it here for you.
Where are iPhones Manufactured?
We all know that iPhones are made by Apple Inc, a California-based multinational electronic equipment maker. But do they manufacture mobile phones in America? It’s understandable that they have their head office in Cupertino at Apple Park. Earlier they had a head office at 1 Infinite Loop in Cupertino until April 2017 from 1993 and this can be easily known through this Wikipedia article. That Wiki article sadly doesn’t tell us about ‘where are iphones manufactured‘ or how Apple makes Macbooks, Apple Watch and iPads.
The demand for iPhone is such that Apple has to give contracts to various makers around the world. As of now, Foxconn, Wistron, and Pegatron have tasks at various levels to manufacture and assemble Apple phones.
So here are the 3 iPhone makers around the world –
– Foxconn: A 48 years old Taiwan-based multinational manufacturing company trading under the name “Hon Hai Precision Industry Co. Ltd.” with headquarter in New Taipei City.
– Wistron: Wistron is yet another Taiwan-based OEM (Original Equipment manufacturer).
– Pegatron: It’s also yet another Taiwanese OEM maker.
This is how Apple has to deal with three different manufacturing companies –
– Foxconn made the original iPhone, then iPhone 2, iPhone 3, and iPhone 4.
– In 2011, as a strategic decision, Pegatron along with Foxconn was chosen to manufacture iPhone 4S due to demand.
– Wistron looks after production for the Indian sub-continent.
Apple iPhone India Plant:
With a 133 million population, India is one of the key markets for Apple. It has tied up with Wistron, a Taiwanese manufacturer to produce and assemble all the iPhones sold in India. Wistron has a manufacturing unit in Bengaluru(Source).
How to Know What Countries are iPhone Made in?
You can easily know from where your Apple phone is made or manufactured. Bring up your iPhone box and look out for –
- Country of Origin: It’s clearly mentioned on the device box.
- Importer Name and Address: Seller has to mention this as per law.
Are Apple iPhone Made in China?
For the iPhones sold in India, they are not made in China as the contract is with Wistron. Apple devices are largely manufactured by Foxconn at their biggest factory in Zhengzhou, China. They are also made in the Czech Republic, South Korea, & the Philippines.
With the help of local production, they are able to launch new iPhones simultaneously in the USA and other parts of the world. So that’s all we have here.
This post was last modified on December 24, 2021 9:54 PM