Software updates for any device are important as they provide bug fixes and stability apart from bringing on new features. You might have understood what this post is all about. So let me provide you with a text guide on how to get the new iPhone update and gets the full benefits of what your manufacturer provides.
New iPhone Update:
Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Here is how you can update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS or iPad OS and it could now be done wirelessly aswell.
Usually, updates are automatically available but if you can’t see the update on your device, you can update it manually using your Computer.
First things first:-
- Before you go for an update, make sure you Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
- Moreover make sure your device has enough space to download the update because usually, such updates take up more space.
Steps to be followed to update wirelessly:
- If a message is readily available for update, tap on Install to update now or you can also tap Later and choose Install Tonight or Remind Me Later. If you select Install Tonight, just not forget to plug your device into power at night which will update the device automatically overnight.
Let’s make it easy :
- Plug in your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > Select General, then tap Software Update.
- Click on Download. And if you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update and it will ask for your passcode, enter and then tap on Install Now.
Otherway is to Customise Automatic Updates
You can also update your device automatically overnight while it’s on charge.
Do as follows –
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Select Automatic Update and then turn on Download iOS Updates.
- Turn on Install iOS Updates. And then your device will update automatically but few updates will need to be installed manually as well.
Basically while upgrading your device to the latest version of iOS, details like improvised features, more security and bug fixes are included in the changelog. I suggest reading them and then proceed. Sometimes you might also see an error – ‘Unable to verify update‘, then there is a guide to fix it.
This post was last modified on September 6, 2021 5:13 PM