Have you accidentally blocked contact on iPhone? Here is the guide on How to Unblock a Number on iPhone or iPad Easily.
I am Yogesh Khetani and I run an Apple iPhone-based Facebook Group called All Things Apple and one of the users named Chad Gable asked me a question. He asked me how to unblock a number on iPhone as he has accidentally blocked USPS delivery guy contact on his iPhone 12. Well, it's quite simple but he actually didn't know the process as he recently moved from Android to iPhone. Further, he didn't save that contact previously. Finally, after a long time, we are writing about Apple iPads. Previously we wrote about how to extend iPad battery life & selfie ring light for iPad.
So I thought of composing a post on this topic today because just like him there are so many novice users who are looking for a solution to this.
How to Unblock a Number on iPhone
First, you have to consider whether you are unblocking a number that is in your contacts or simply a person who recently called you. The process is simple in both cases.
Here’s how to do both -
Unblock a number in your Contacts
- Open the green and white Phone app on your screen and navigate to the “Contacts” tab.
- Find the particular contact you’re looking for and open it.
- Scroll to the bottom to find the words “Unblock this caller” in blue, and tap those words.
Unblock Someone on iPhone via the recent calls list
If you blocked a recent caller who’s not in your contacts and now regret that decision. Here’s what to do -
- Find the number under the “Recents” tab of your Phone app.
- Tap the corresponding blue “i” in the blue circle on the far right of that number.
- Scroll down to find “Unblock this caller” in blue, and tap it.
You’re done! That contact is now unblocked. What if you are looking to unblock multiple contacts on your iPhone. Check out the guide mentioned below.
How to Unblock Multiple Contacts on iPhone:
Sadly there is no batch operation to unblock all contacts at once on your iPhone. You will have to do it manually.
What you need to do is to repeat this process in order if you want to unblock multiple contacts. No quick shortcut or special function for that and it sounds illogical because you might not have more than 2 or 3 contacts to unblock.
How to Unblock Someone on Apple Music
Follow this process -
- Search their username and open their profile after login.
- You will see their profile is Blocked.
- Now click on the grey Blocked button to unblock them.
This trick can work on your free iPhone as well.
So that was a quick guide on how to unlock a number on iPhone easily. More such articles on iPhones or iPad can be found in how-to guide section.